Monday, December 29, 2008

Ham & Cheese Panini

Today I made ham & cheese panini from the stuff in the fridge. The ham was Purefoods Christmas ham, the bread was ciabatta from French Baker, cheeses used were Cheddar and grated Parmesan (which my dad, the Buy-One-Take-One king, got at, you guessed it, Buy One Take One). I also used a Frito Lay French Onion dip my sis sent over from the US.

Here are the yummy pictures. And to be honest, the panini did taste so much better than it looked. I didn't really have any set recipe in mind, I just woke up and thought I'd raid the fridge and make whatever I can from whatever I can find...

To make the panini, you just need to make sure that you layer the cheese and the ham. This is so when the cheese melts it acts like a glue to keep the sandwich together. After putting the sandwich together, brush outside both the top and the bottom bread slices.

2 comments:

  1. wow. the pics look great . how long did it take to cut the fruits? and the edges are pristine perfect..
    if my lunch boxes look like these, i won't eat out..
    haha cute happy faces on your bento... if i made that it'll all look just a big bunch of stuff.

    what are the lips made off?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @S,

    Cutting the fruits was quick! I used the cookie cutters I bought from Daiso (see prev posts). The face was made from a slice of the longganisa that's also included in the lunch :)

    Thank you for your comment!

    ReplyDelete