Monday, March 2, 2009

168 Bento Haul



Here are some of the things I was able to buy from 168 yesterday! This is the mall near Divisoria. I'll try to post the prices if I can remember them.

I actually bought the bento bags in Riverbanks in Marikina, but I saw the same outlet at 168. The name of the tag on the bag is Katrina's Secret. The bags are actually quite cheap, ranging from P35-70 each (about $1-$2, made with good material and with lining for added insulation.

For the bento box picture, from left to right - oshibori towels and container (P25 each), the little towels themselves can be bought for P80 for 1 dozen (not shown in pic)'; Hello Kitty spoon & fork container (P50), this is actually a toothbrush & toothpaste container, but it should work well as my spoon & fork container since I hate using the flat spoon & forks usually sold with bento boxes; Hello Kitty 2-tier bento (the long one on the upper part of the photo, P150-200); Hello Kitty 2-tier container (round oval), P130; Hello Kitty 4-in-1 oval containers, P150; and the Strawberry Shortcake looking 2-tier container, 2 for P100 (the other one is in use so is not in the photo)!

I'm not really a Hello Kitty fan, but those are the only ones I can find here in Manila inexpensively. There are actually several Hello Kitty stores in Divisoria and some tiangges (flea market sort of place) that only sell Hello Kitty stuff. Not original Sanrio items, of course...

When you go shopping at 168, make sure to ask around and canvass first. Prices for the same item can vary as much as P50 at different stalls.

3 comments:

  1. Very interesting blog. A lot of blogs I see these days don't really provide anything that attract others, but I'm most definitely interested in this one. Just thought that I would post and let you know.

    ReplyDelete

  2. Admin, if not okay please remove!

    Our facebook group “selfless” is spending this month spreading awareness on prostate cancer & research with a custom t-shirt design. Purchase proceeds will go to cancer.org, as listed on the shirt and shirt design.

    www.teespring.com/prostate-cancer-research

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete