Sunday, January 18, 2009

Banapple's Banofee Pie


I have read the raves about Banapple's Banoffee Pie. So it should follow, like a bear to honey, that I have to try it! How can I resist? A get together with friends last weekend gave just the perfect excuse to go buy the whole pie.

I read that Banapple opened their second branch in Tomas Morato. Good! That means no driving all the way to Katipunan. I'm really not a QC person and I think I would get lost if I tried to go to their original branch. Their Morato branch is actually located on the ABS-CBN side of the street, on the second floor of a new promenade-type building.

So, how is the banoffee pie, you ask? As you can see from the picture, it has a graham type crust, BIG chunks of ripe bananas dripping with a yummy yummy thick caramel sauce, and is topped with whipped cream and chocolate shavings. On a scale of 1-10, I would rate this an 8. I would definitely buy it again someday.

I liked the bananas and the caramel fudge sauce, they really went very well together. Whipped cream and chocolate shavings - hmm.. they were okay, nothing wrong with them. One thing I wasn't crazy about was the crust, though. I felt that there was too much butter in the crust, and since I was eating the pie cold, it sometimes felt like eating butter sebo.. I hope you understand what I mean. I like butter, but I just don't like eating cold butter. I prefer butter slathered on bread (at room temperature!).

But in any case, we ate half of the pie during the party, and the leftover half was gone in less than 2 days, so I guess it's okay. I would buy this pie again, if only for the bananas and caramel fudge sauce! The whole pie only cost P510.

Banapple Pies & Cheesecakes is located at the 2nd Level, Il Terrazo, Tomas Morato cor. Scout Madrinan, South Triangle, Quezon City. Tel Number 413-2675.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, my favorite! The banofee pies from Red Ribbon are pretty good too. Instead of choco shavings, they coated the top of the crust with chocolate and I think they mixed some walnut in it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUMMY!!! fave ko :D I love Banapple's cakes!

    ReplyDelete