Sunday, January 18, 2009

Enoki Mushrooms & Bacon + Soy-Butter Beef Bento


While I was at Il Terrazo buying Banoffee Pie (see Banapple's Banoffee Pie post), I decided to check out the Rustan's Supermarket at the basement. I saw some enoki mushrooms and decided to make Bacon-wrapped Enoki. I first tried this dish at Teriyaki Boy with the boyfriend, and it has since become one of our "must-orders" whenever we eat at Teriyaki Boy.

Here I just wrapped some enoki mushrooms with maple syrup-cured bacon and put them on a non-stick skillet (no oil) over medium heat. Roll the bacon to make sure all sides are cooked, cover the skillet just to make sure the inner roll of bacon also gets cooked. Lower heat and continue cooking until cooked through.

Since I was only able to make 6 bacon enokis, I also made some Soy-Butter Beef from Kaoko's blog. Why do I need the beef? Hmm.. 6 bacon enokis = 2 for my bento, 2 for boyfriend's bento, 1 sacrified for "taste & doneness test", 1 I gave my dad to try.

I sliced some cucumbers, tomatoes and a ponkan. The ponkan looks pretty, no? Peel ponkan, slice ponkan (cross-section). Cross-section, wow. I'm betraying my engineering background!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, looks good! ;)
    Enoki mushrooms are Garandee's favorite. We use that whenever we make sukiyaki at home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum... sukiyaki :) Do you make it using the traditional pot/pan? Sounds so delicious.

    ReplyDelete