Sunday, January 11, 2009

Takoyaki at New Hatchin


I was craving some takoyaki so we went to New Hatchin to get some. The takoyaki are P78 for 8 pcs. If you like takoyaki you should really check out this place. The takoyaki are only available on weekends and only until supplies last. Last week we went there after 5pm and they had just run out of takoyaki.

In the picture you can only see 7 because I already ate one before I remembered to take a picture. They should definitely be eaten while hot (but take care to avoid burning your tongue!). I bought a couple more orders to take home and they were not as good cold/room temperature as they are when eaten freshly cooked!

I ended up not buying anything at New Hatchin since boyfriend was in a hurry to go home.. :( Hahaha.. he said whenever I go to New Hatchin, Japanese Home Centre and similar stores, that I always need to "inspect" everything! Ah well, it's true! I hate missing something and I always want to know everything that's available. For future reference, you know.. ;)

New Hatchin Japanese Grocery is at 7602 Sacred Heart St., Cor. Metropolitan Avenue San Antonio Village. City, Makati City. For those not familiar with the place, look for the big Toyota at the start of Jupiter St. Go towards the Meralco branch and continue going about 1 block. You should see New Hatchin right after Buma and right before the BDO.

4 comments:

  1. Garandee (my wife) and I are regulars of New Hatchin since it's the nearest Japanese Grocery where we can get ingredients. Yeah, their takoyaki is awesome and you should check out Bebe Rouge too. Their authentic Japanese strawberry shortcake is to die for! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for suggesting that! Where's Bebe Rouge, btw?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha.. I thought Bebe Rouge was some grocery store or restaurant. It's the cake counter at New Hatchin, isn't it? Okay, I'll check it out next time. I wasn't enticed to buy any before because I tried the Japanese cheesecake at Lord Stow's and it just tasted like spongecake to me (with a hint of some cheese).

    I thought the cakes were rather expensive, but if they're really that good, well! :) Then I. MUST. TRY.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool. Garandee told me that the Japanese owner bakes all the cakes herself. And she studied patisserie in Paris. I guess that's probably why her cakes are unique and good.

    ReplyDelete